Oh Calibri, how do I love thee as the best font for a resume? Let me count the ways.
- 12-point Calibri produces perfect resume length, 550 to 750 words on two pages. 11-point Calibri works well too.
- Because of this, Calibri focuses job seekers on telling their readers a 100% relevant story of reasonable length — the best kind.
- Font psychology research has shown that readers associate Calibri with stability. Employers like stability in an employee.
- Calibri was made to be read on a computer screen, which is where most people read resumes. It renders beautifully.
- Calibri is Microsoft Word’s default font. Thus, it’s widely available to readers, familiar to them, and easy on their eyes (the more resumes they read, the more that matters).
Yes, Calibri, when it comes to resumes, you’re simply fontastic!
If you want more evidence, click this sample executive resume link to see a resume prepared mostly in 11-point Calibri.
I write executive resumes and LinkedIn profiles. Save time. Get hired. Email me at email@example.com or call me at (208) 721-0131.
Image: © vege – Fotolia.com
Featured by Business News Daily.