Every person who views your LinkedIn profile sees your background image. Boring blue says, “Boring you.” Learn how to sizzle your look in less than five minutes. Use Canva, a free design site, to make a perfectly sized, custom image that helps you tell your professional story.
Interested? Read on to see how easy Canva is to use.
Canva Makes Custom Background Images Quick and Easy
Canva lets you:
- Generate a properly sized template for your background image (
1400 x 425 pixels1536 x 768 pixels, if you have the latest interface that LI rolled out in late 2016/early 2017).
- Upload and expand/crop a picture to the template size.
- Download the properly sized image to your computer.
- Upload it to LinkedIn.
All in as little as five minutes.
Follow along with this video, or use the narrative description below the video, to see exactly how to do it:
How To Make a LinkedIn Background Image on Canva
- Go to Canva and sign in.
- Click on “Use custom dimensions.”
1400 x 425 1536 x 768 (LinkedIn recommends this size for background images).
4. Click “Design.”
Buy an image from Canva for $1.00 (not an affiliate) or upload the image you want to use (see 10 smart, easy ideas here) from your computer (horizontal orientations work best) by doing the following:
5. Click “Uploads.”
6. Click “Upload an image.”
7. Select your image and click “Open.” Canva will add your image to your Canva gallery.
8. Drag the image you want to use from the gallery into your
1400 x 425-pixel template 1536 x 768 pixel template.
9. Resize the image to fit the template by pulling on a corner.
10. If you don’t like the image, click the trash icon and start again.
11. Drag your re-sized image to where you want it to appear in the template.
12. Click “Download.”
13. Click “Image: high quality (PNG).”
Voila! You have a perfectly sized LinkedIn background image.
How to Install Your Background Image on LinkedIn
To upload your background image:
- Go to your LinkedIn profile.
- Click the drop down “Profile” menu.
- Click “Edit Profile.”
- Click “Edit Background” in the background area.
- Click “+ Upload.”
- Select your file and click “Open.”
- Drag your image to position it and click “Save.”
Let’s Connect on LinkedIn
Please don’t hesitate to invite me to connect on LinkedIn here. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. The more I know about my readers, the better I can make my blog.
I write executive resumes and LinkedIn profiles. Save time. Get hired. Email me at email@example.com for more information.